Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Many hands make light work

Nice quote this. Works for most things in life. But one thing that is a reality - labour is expensive! And this is an expensive exercise, but one worth every cent. This is the same producer who put out the compost a week ago.

I must say, I prefer the straw to any other ground cover method in the vineyard. It betters infiltration tempo and efficiency. Minimizes soil temperature fluctuations. Stops erosion. Builds organic matter and biology in the soil. Feeds the soil. Protects the soil from the intense heat and UV. Keeps soil moisture better and longer. Limits topsoil evapotranspiration. I can go on and on, but I am a bit lazy after writing some other stuff on Darling Geology. I'll put that on our website some time next month. Have a nice day and enjoy the photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment