Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hot air balloon

On my way to work, there is a patch of land where a brown VW van launches a hot air balloon early in the mornings. Obviously only on the days when the wind is absent.



Every time I drive pass it, I envy them. I would love to take a hot air balloon and drift across the Darling vineyards. Just imagine how awesome it would be if I could personally take aerial photographs of each block, especially in mid February. I almost took to the skies with an old bloke last year...

I was busy in the vineyards, and suddenly a microlight landed in the path between the vineyards. It was a double seater. The back seat was empty. The old man started to chat to me about the vineyards. Why we do bush vine. Why we don't irrigate. Basically all the things that makes us different here at Darling Cellars.

Man I wanted to fly up there with him, but firstly I didn't have my big camera with me, and secondly I was waiting for people in the vineyards, to show them how we harvest. I had to decline his kind offer for a quick trip, and he was off again.

Maybe, just maybe, the old bloke would come and visit me again, and this time I'll be ready!




1 comment: