Monday, January 24, 2011

What a day

What a day! My feet are killing me! The humidity was almost unbearable and the sun was unforgiving. Well, we do farm in Africa, so I can't complain. The grapes are starting to ripen very quick now. Wednesday will mark the start of big tonnage. This week we will harvest Chardonnay, Bukettraube, Chenin blanc, Nouvelle (a crossing of Cape Riesling and Ugni Blanc (Trebbiano), was developed in South Africa by Professor CJ Orffer of Stellenbosch University.) and Pinotage.

We did quite a lot of Sauvignon blanc this morning, with some of the struggling Chenin blancs coming in this afternoon, also some Pinotage. The Sauvignon blancs looked great, good pH and acid.

Apparently tomorrow is going to be warmer, so if I dont melt, I will post some updates again this week :)

Sauvignon blanc







This guy surprised me!! He is almost as big as a squash ball!!







No comments:

Post a Comment